Scarborough Wine Co Pty Ltd
WIN the Ultimate Weekend in the Hunter Valley Promotion Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. By entering this competition, entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents over 18 years of age who reside in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory and Queensland. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto, child or step-child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. These terms and conditions will be posted on the Scarborough Wine Co website www.scarboroughwine.com.au for the duration of the competition.
4. Promotion commences Friday 26th October 2018 at 12am AEST. Entries close at 11.59pm AEST on Thursday 31st January 2019. (the “Promotional Period”). No late entries will be eligible.
5. To enter, individuals during the Promotional Period must purchase a mixed or straight dozen of wine through the Scarborough Wine Co. at either of our Hunter Valley Cellar doors, by phone, return mail or on the Scarborough Wine Co website at www.scarboroughwine.com.au.
6. Winner Selection: There is one prize winner drawn from all valid entries received during the promotional period. The winner will have 6 months from the date of the draw to redeem the prize. Timing is subject to confirmation from Scarborough Wine Co.
7. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
8. Multiple entries are permitted.
9. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
10. The prize will be drawn by a nominated representative of Scarborough Wine Co on Friday 8th February 2019. The draw will take place at 9am at Scarborough Wine Co, 179 Gillards Rd, Pokolbin, NSW, 2320.
11. The sweepstakes winner will receive a 2 night trip for 2 to Scarborough Wine Co in the Hunter Valley. The prize includes:
Two nights accommodation for 2 adults at our Hospitality Cottage located on Wine Country Drive, North Rothbury (breakfast included)
Lunch or dinner at a Hunter Valley Restaurant for an agreed value of $400 including restaurant transfers
Private tour and tasting at the Scarborough Wine Co winery located on Hermitage Rd, Pokolbin
12. The Prize Winner and their guests are responsible for all other expenses including travel to and from the Hunter Valley, spending money, meals, drinks, transfers (unless specified) laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy charges, gratuities, service charges, travel insurance, items of a personal nature and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
13. Total prize pool value is $1800 and is subject to availability of the Scarborough Hospitality Cottage at the time of booking and cannot be changed once the booking is made.
14. Winner/s will be notified by email and phone from Monday 11th February 2019. Winners will also be announced on our Scarborough Wine Co website and Facebook page.
15. In the event that a prize winner is unable to be contacted, the Promoter will retain the prize for three months from the date of the original draw. If any prize is not claimed within three months a redraw will be conducted on Friday 10th May 2019 subject to any written directions given from a regulatory authority. In the event of a winner in the unclaimed prize draw, the winner will be notified by email within two days of the draw and their name will be displayed on the Scarborough Wine Co website and Facebook page.
17. Neither Scarborough Wine Co nor any of its associated companies or personnel will be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided.
18. Neither Scarborough Wine Co nor any of its associated companies or personnel will be liable or responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries.
19. Scarborough Wine Co reserves the right to exclude any person from this competition for any reason whatsoever.
20. The prize is not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable. In the event that the prize, or any part of the prize, becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
21. In all matters all decisions of Scarborough Wine Co will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
22. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of the prize is not provided. The Promoter may, subject to state regulations, substitute a different prize or lesser value in place of any prize referred to in these terms and conditions.
23. If for any reason an act, agent or event beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (including but not limited to vandalism, tampering, fraud, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism) prevents this promotion from proceeding in the manner described in these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant and/or (b) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any direction or requirement from any regulatory authorities.
24. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of Entry; (e) Any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; and/or (f) Use of a prize.
25. The promoter encourages consumers to enjoy responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au
26. The Promoter is Scarborough Wine Co Pty Limited of 179 Gillards Road Pokolbin NSW. ABN. 80001889087 Telephone (02) 4998 7563 www.scarboroughwine.com.au
NSW Permit Number: LTPS/18/28155