At Scarborough Wine Co we are committed to protecting your privacy. We respect the privacy and confidentiality of the information provided by you and adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles established pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HELD
The personal information collected and held by Scarborough Wine Co is generally contact information, such as name, phone number, address and email address.
We may also collect other personal information relating to:
- product orders
- customer feedback
- content or email preferences, and
- responses to surveys.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HELD
We generally collect personal information directly from the individual. For example, we collect personal information you give us to enable us to send you information, or to process your product order. We may also collect personal information at other times, such as when you provide feedback, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with Scarborough Wine Co customer support or queries.
All information Scarborough Wine Co receives electronically is protected by our SSL server. Scarborough Wine Co's secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data Scarborough Wine Co collects is secured against unauthorized use or access.
Scarborough Wine Co strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and periodically updates its security measures in light of current technologies.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, HOLD AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, hold and use personal information for the purpose of:
- providing direct marketing material, for example by way of a newsletter, electronic newsletter, email, SMS or social media correspondence
- processing a product order
- responding to customer feedback
- actioning content or email preferences
- considering responses to surveys
- improving our products or services, or
- providing you with information and updates regarding our website, or new and additional products and services
We will only use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing material if you have registered or subscribed to such publications with us. If you wish to cease receiving any such information, you may let us know either by email or mail and your request will be actioned as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may from time to time need to disclose certain personal information, for the purpose of:
- providing goods or services as part of a package with other providers (for example a wine experience/accommodation package)
- obtaining assistance from our service providers (but only if the providers have agreed to comply with our privacy standards)
- complying with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request, or
- protecting the rights, property or safety of Scarborough Wine, its customers or third parties
Also, if there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), or a sale or transfer of its assets, personal information of customers could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality, or could be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
Scarborough Wine Co does not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information.
HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to your personal information that is held by us, and to request its correction.
If you wish to make such a request, please contact Sally Scarborough, Sales & Marketing, 0249987563, 179 Gillards Rd, Pokolbin, NSW, 2320, firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW YOU MAY COMPLAIN ABOUT A BREACH
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by Scarborough Wine Co, you can contact [Sally Scarborough, Sales & Marketing, 02 49987563, 179 Gillards Rd, Pokolbin, NSW, 2320, email@example.com
This website contains links to other websites. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Scarborough Wine Co is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.